Re: oil near distributor??

Hey rich, It IS your distributer that is leaking.  There is a seal inside
that seems to go bad and allows oil to leak out of it and it gets all over
the top of the tranny and some hoses and a bunch of other stuff. If you can
deal with it like this, which I have done for the past 4 years than you
should be fine.  It seems like a lot of oil but it really isn't and I notice
no drop in oil levels.  But if you really need to fix it you can't just buy
the seal, you have to buy the entire distibuter, something like $300+ bucks.
Thats why I haven't fixed it yet.

Brian 86 16v