RE: Questions from the youngster

Fly996 wrote:
>ya   hey how can you tell if the clutch is going ...

If it is getting worn out, then it will start to slip. You can tell
because it will feel like you don't get any power to the wheels. You can
test it by parking the car, putting on the e-brake, pressing the clutch
and putting it in -I think 5th- gear. Then slowly release the clutch.
Your engine should bog down and (if you let it) stall almost right away.
If it does not, then it's slipping and that means your clutch is worn
out.

Any repair manual should also give you a description. (get a bentley)

I've also had the situation where the clutch will not dis-engage. This
can be caused by anything from a loose clutch cable to broken splines on
the clutch lever arm to a worn down pushrod.

what are your symptoms?

>And  when i start my car it will die if i dont give it gas and
>get it up to
>about 4K in RPMs   what would cause something like that
>Mark
>84 rocco

How's it run after that, if it runs fine anytime after startup you might
heve a problem with the control pressure regulator or the cold start
system in general. I'm not too sure about the details of these systems,
so take that FWIW.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco