From: Steven Toughill
To: Rich Zuk
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: oil near distributor??

Distributer?

Steven Toughill
ASE Cert VW Technician
Volks-Tech
-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Zuk <emt@imcnyc.com>
To: Scirocco List <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 1999 4:02 PM
Subject: oil near distributor??

darn it.
88 16V:
I pop the hood take a rag, wipe around: the distributor cap, hall sender wires,
the wires that run underneath the distributor to other places, and the top of the tranny which is located directly under the distibutor area.   (Trying to make it look clean after looking at Brett's motor.)

Pop the hood 2 days later, oil in those same areas.  Not puddles.  Noticable and just enough to look at it and say, "darn it.  I have a rebuilt head, new piston rings, new rod bearings.  All this new stuff with just under 3000 driven miles and now this."

Any ideas??

Peace
Rich Z