Re: loose break cable

>From: David LeDeaux <dask@lcc.net>
>To: "Jorel Jackson" <kondor77@hotmail.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: loose break cable
>Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:03:20 -0600
>
>Replacing a brake cable involves basically pulling apart the rear brake
>that it goes to. One end goes into a little lever in the brake, and the
>other end screws into the hand brake.  It's not hard, but I think you
do
>have to pull the springs off the brake to do it.  That can be kinduva
PITA.
> Once done, I usually pull the brake where I want it, then see if I can
>spin the wheel... if I can still spin it, I take up a little slack at
the
>parking brake, and go back and spin, and so on.

Thanks for that, it should help. Are there two cables going back to each
side? Like I said, everything seems to be working. The break lever still
stops the car from rolling down a hill. The breaking doesn't feel
different at all. There is that one cable hanging loose, and it leads
right to the break. I haven't looked that close yet.

JSJackson '85 Scirocco