Re: Stolen Car update 2

Rich,

    Sorry to hear about all this crap.  Hang in there.  I'd start salvaging what you
can though.  When I submarined that Toyota, my insurance company kept telling me that
the car was totaled (luckily they didn't have the power to kill it).  Basically,
because the blue book on the 16V is around $3200 and parts are so expensive, I'd be
surprised if they fixed it.  You figure, the OEM prices and labor for a new hood is
$1000, one fender is $400, the fender flare is $400, and a bumper is upwards of $600.
Your at 75% of the value of the car and they haven't touched the engine.
    I agree with the others, get your parts and start again.  From an emotional
standpoint it's a crappy decision.  But from a logical standpoint, it's the thing to
do.
    BTW, if you decide to fix it up, I have some leftovers from my front end work that
you get first dibs on.  I'm in So. Cal. though.

-Brad