Re: Stolen Car update 2

At 10:51 AM 3/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay, I had my car towed yesterday to a mechanic I trust to diagnose the
>damage for insurance purposes, and he just took a look at it this morning.
>He said he was able to finally get the car running, but at first glance he
>said it sounds like it has a SEVERE rod knock.....what the hell does this
>mean? Not good, is it?  He thinks without looking at anything else that
>they are going to junk the car.  Now I have to wait till monday for an
>adjustor to get out here.
>
>Scirocco-Less,
>
>Rich Deede
>University Of Delaware (Communications)
>1987 Scirocco 16v-practically dead

Sorry to hear about your ride dude. To go along with the consensus of the
group; move onto another roc. I just got this from the newsgroup... very
tempting...
Anyone interested in a 1988 Scirocco 16v.  I am the original owner and the
car only has 27,000 miles on it.(YES 27,500 miles)  the thought of selling
the car sickens me, but since I only drive it in the summer time on my days
off(1 day a week, maybe), I'm finding it difficult to justify keeping it to
my wife.  I'm in no hurry to sell it, but if I see an offer that inspires me
I could be convince to give it up.
Check out the picture attached!
johnfranzen@worldnet.att.net

Good luck...