RE: Loose front end

>I had a similar problem, although not as bad, on my 85.
>My shocks were pretty worn and when I replaced them (hor springs, boge
progas) it went away, or at least 95% gone.
>I attributed it to the fact that my front right shock was worse off
than my driver's side. So when I accelerated, the passenger side would
lift up more than the drivers side (my rears were also in bad shape, so
there was a lot of rocking to begin with). This would change the
alignement enough to pull to the side.

Hmmm....   I suppose this *could* be a possible solution.  I should
clarify by saying that the front right strut is totally blown, (as in
that corner of the car will bounce about 2-3 times after releasing in
the "bounce test.") while the left one is still ok, though still worn.
The problem could be compounded by the fact it has (cut?) lowering
springs?  I really want to put some stock springs on the car as it's my
"winter beater" and it doesn't do so hot with the 8" of snow we got this
week.

Gonna get under it this evening and check it out more closely...

Daun