Re: Painting brake calipers

What I would suggest is just sand them down a bit, and
go out and get Super Heat Resistant paint. I'm not sure
how much they go for, can't be that much... Should look
all good.

> Anyone ever painted their brake calipers? I have a friend who could
> powdercoat them for me, but to my knowledge, I can't fully
disassemble the
> calipers on my car. Well, it says I can't "rebuild" them, but could I
> disassemble them? Powdercoating requires an hour or so in a
450-degree F
> oven, so I would have to be SURE that the seals and any other rubber
is out.

> I seem to remember Owen saying something about having red
calipers...you out
> there?
>
> If I can't disassemble them, I can't powdercoat them. Are there any
other
> options? Are there any spray paints that would leave a good gloss
and stand
> up to the heat and brake dust? I'd like all four to match my Tornado
Red.

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v (Stored for winter :p)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/
"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out
the short comming of others is there?" - Randall