Re: Painting brake calipers

At 10:14 PM 3/10/99 -0600, Neal Tovsen wrote:
>Anyone ever painted their brake calipers? I have a friend who could
>powdercoat them for me, but to my knowledge, I can't fully disassemble the
>calipers on my car. Well, it says I can't "rebuild" them, but could I
>disassemble them? Powdercoating requires an hour or so in a 450-degree F
>oven, so I would have to be SURE that the seals and any other rubber is out.

Neal,
Yes, you can disassemble them.  It's easy.  Call Potterman, or someone like
him, and get the rebuild kit for you caliper type.  I got them from him a
few months ago.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)