Re: power door locks

noodle noggin wrote:

> Hey,
> I just got a new dash in perfect condition from the junk yard!!! I am so
> happy, I have been looking for ever. I also got the stock power door
> locks and vacuum pump and all wiring. Now what I was wondering is how
> they are switched. I did not see any switch or button. Do they lock and
> unlock with your key? Well I want to wire mine to a switch and my alarm.
> So my question is do I wire the vacuum pump to a continuos power or does
> it go to the same power as the lock switch. I was looking in the Bentley
> and it looks like the power comes from the cigarette lighter. Anybody
> know.
> C-ya, dave gray

Just for us that are thinking of this trans-mod;

What did you pull the parts from and what are they going into?  I don't
foresee A/C or power windows, but power door locks seems a very
desirable thing to adapt to my Mk1.

Still retains the manual functionality but adds the features of remote
unlocking of the doors, remote actuation of the rear hatch, etc. & all
the features that come with the alarm installation of a more modern car.

tia,
TBerk