power door locks

Hey,
I just got a new dash in perfect condition from the junk yard!!! I am so
happy, I have been looking for ever. I also got the stock power door
locks and vacuum pump and all wiring. Now what I was wondering is how
they are switched. I did not see any switch or button. Do they lock and
unlock with your key? Well I want to wire mine to a switch and my alarm.
So my question is do I wire the vacuum pump to a continuos power or does
it go to the same power as the lock switch. I was looking in the Bentley
and it looks like the power comes from the cigarette lighter. Anybody
know.
C-ya, dave gray