From: Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com>
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: 4th of July weekend meet. At my house! :)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 12:47:22 EDT

A few of us have decided to get together the weekend of the 4th of july.
The itinerary includes:

-Possible Speedzone event. (Electric go-carts)
-Saturday afternoon mountain drive.
-Saturday night NASCAR race at El Cajon speedway. (Free entry, free
food.)

As far as the speedzone thing, my son doesn't work there anymore so we
wont be getting any free laps. However I could check into a group visit
and see what kind of rates they will give me. There might be a few people
still there that know me and will hook us up.

The plan is to come down friday night (July 2). Stay the night with me at
hotel Shawn.  Ive got a spare room and some space for bodies and
everybody is welcome. Ive got a futon and 2 couches as well as 900 sq ft
of sleeping space. :) Kevin is going to stay with his sister in La Mesa.
If everybody is here in friday we can do the speedzone friday night!

BBQ, SPA (VCR for viewing our favorite videos.....  "velvet pants"...)
and lots of safe off the street Scirocco parking also available.

Saturday morning (July 3) we can get up and go for a southern-socal
drive. Ive got ALL the local mountain roads pretty much nailed down. I
have a route all planned out. There's even one road that scares the shit
out of me in 1st gear, its that tight. I'll lead you all thru it if the
thrill level demands it. There's also one tight right hander that looks
over lake Jennings that is too kewl. Its a great place to do some video
shots of us all if you guys are up to it. (I AM!!)

Then for the grand finally, I can get everybody into the racetrack at El
Cajon Speedway for free. Free food, free drink. Its 3/8ths mile paved
oval. (read, short track) NASCAR type racing. Fireworks after the event.
It should finish by 11:pm and from there we can go back to my place to
crash for the night or you guys can trek home. Its up to you.

This is an open invitation to Scirocco list members.

               Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and