Re: Emergency Brake Cable replacement

    I did one on my 8v. Was time consuming with rear drums. Rear discs will
solve a lot of problems. Only really annoying part was getting the cable up
into the car and back connected with the handle. The whole e-brake handle
has to be taken apart. There is a pin that the thing pivots on that has to
come out. It being between the seats makes it somewhat of a hassle. Overall
the project wasn't really that bad I suppose. Took me like a couple hours
with no where near the right tools for the job. With better tools and having
done it once now I could probably do it in an hour or less. Hope this helps
a bit..

Chris

P.S. If you can get a friend to give you a hand it will help with getting
the cable up into the car and back in handle. I was feeding the cable while
my friend was pulling it from the other end and getting it in the right
spot.