exchanging door locks

Hello,

Welllll, ain't I lucky? This night some sucker broke into my Scirocco.
Radio (unforunately the wires are also cut) is gone as well as some
other stuff. In addition to this, that motherf***er broke the lock on
the drivers side, I can now neither insert the key nor lock/unlock the
door. I can get a new lock (only the lock part, not the handle). My
question is: Is it hard to install this part yourself, has anybody done
this before? Any instructions on how to do it, or am I better off having
it done? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
-Max