Re: drag strip times

    how hot was it that day?  AFAIC, that plays a huge role in how are cars
run, especially if you've done a bit of work on the intake.  the last time i
hit the local 1/4 mile track i ran a best time of 15.536 when i was hoping
for a high 14sec pass.  2 days before, i ran with a buddy of mine in a
hyundai scoupe turbo who i always run with (we are each others measuring
stick, we always win or lose to the other by no more than a fender).

    we ran at night (a very chilly night at that), and i beat him by a
fender on the street.  but he WRECKED me on the track.  he ran a 15.001 that
day.  one reason he runs so well is cuz he's got about 25 different
computers and sensors that we don't have on our cars (like intake air temp
sensor) that allow him to run consistent times whether it is cold and dry or
hot and humid outside.  this is MHO, of course, but i think that it's a
valid opinion...

    also, earlier this past spring, i ran this kid in an 86 mustang GT when
i had blown suspension (i.e., was getting NO power to the ground in first
gear cuz it was hopping around so much), and he only beat me by a car.  i
had a GTech in my car for both of the runs that i did, and i did the 1/4 in
15.2 @ 94mph (or was it 92mph?)  i can't remember correctly, but that's what
it showed...

    so i think that that may be a part of your problem...solution?  run at
night.

jason
the mad bastard