Re: drag strip times

At 6:27 pm -0700 20/7/99, aventari wrote:
>if you have a well running 16v w/ gutted cat and ram air, low 15's should
>be pretty damn easy, at at least 88 mph.
>Your car has a mechanical problem i'd almost guaruntee. is it misfiring?
>how does it run when you first start it up in the morning?

Not IME at all.  Last weekend in Seattle there was a major VW drag/show
event and the only cars running low 15s were VR6 Corrados.  The lowest
straight-up 16v time I saw this year was a 15.6, run by an A2 GTI (2L) 16v
with headwork, cams, and a Garrett chip.  I ran a 15.801 last year with my
2L 16v (~145hp), although that was with big rims.  Judging by my dyno
sheet, I probably would have run at least a 15.6 this year but I got to the
track to late to get tech'ed... :P :P

See you guys at WF!!!