Re: Electrical Problems

I'm not so sure about the cooling system problem, more than likely that was
a coincidence.  Usually, when you have SO many electrical problems at one
time, you should start with the basics.  Battery, Alternator, Wiring, etc.
The tach thing seems like it may be ignition related.  The fuel gauge and
temp gauge are both ran by (power anyway) a little chip on the back of the
instrument cluster.  I've had this go out before and it took me forever to
figure it out, then I followed the power path to the chip, then nothing came
out.  So I swapped it and voila, fixed.  Anyway, all the other stuff,
windows, etc. sounds like low power, especially having to be jump started.
Hope that helps.

Dave
77 Rabbit 16v