Re: Electrical Problems

Sounds similar to the problems I was having with my GTI recently. Check
all your connections at the battery, clean them up well, not just at the
battery posts, but if you have anything attached to the battery terminals
that lead to inside the car, clean those connections up as well (that's
what was wrong with mine). Also, check the connections to the coil, maybe
a loose connection at the coil could cause the problem with the tach
you're describing. I'd put my money on that you have a loose connection
somewhere that is causing most of, if not all of, your problems. Good
luck! I finally traced mine down by finding that there was a voltage
INCREASE from the battery to the inside of the car, due to a bad
connection (I guess that's what happens when a spark jumps a gap - the
voltage increases). I traced it back to the battery, and found my
problem.
	HTH!
	-Josiah