Re: Rally car guy... again...

You probably have a tar - like coating on your interior floor pan. A real
bitch to remove too!!!!! To remove the tar coating....

1. push the car outside of the garage (you will need ventilation)
2. have the interior gutted
3. put out your cigarette
4. fill the floor-pan with a mixture of "Simple Green" (10%) & Diesel
fuel(90%)
5. let the car sit for 2 to 4 days (or until the neighbors start to really
complain)
6. scrape the tar out (it should scrape right off, but you will stink for a
week)
7. clean the interior pan with a couple of gallons of undiluted Simple Green
8. sand-blast the pan & paint

This process probably violated at least 12 EPA regulations and it IS A BIG
MESS!

A complete pain in the a** just to shed a couple of pounds off of the car's
total weight. If you get the tar on your new $100 nomex racing boots, it
will never come out ; ) Solution, I put duct tape on the heels of my boots
(right foot reads "GAS", left foot reads "BRAKE")

The heater..... read your rulebook real carefully. If you can ditch the
system, do so. I installed a flat peice of metal stock over the cylinder
head heater outlet, closed off the water pump heater fitting (tapped and
threaed alloy plug), removed all the hosed and hardware, but I was required
by the rules to keep the heater core. My heater core is bolted underneath my
car : )

Harry