Re: Rally car guy... again...

H Jones wrote:

> You probably have a tar - like coating on your interior floor pan. A real
> bitch to remove too!!!!! To remove the tar coating....
> 4. fill the floor-pan with a mixture of "Simple Green" (10%) & Diesel
> fuel(90%)

Hmm, I've never tried that one before. It sounds like it'd be more effective
then the dry ice method that I used. That way breaks the stuff out in big chunks
but it doesn't get the stuff that's stuck in the little nooks and crannies.

> The heater..... read your rulebook real carefully. If you can ditch the
> system, do so.

I wouldn't do that in a rally car... Eventually you will find yourself blasting
down an icy road in the dead of winter. Should you go off and get yourself stuck
in snowbank somewhere in the woods, your ass is going to freeze to the seat
until they come and get you an hour and half later. A defroster is also nice at
times... DON"T remove the heater; you need it.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut