Re: Rally car guy... again...

In a message dated 7/18/99 20:41:07, WaspHwy@aol.com writes:

<<ok, I stripped the interior. the only things under the rubber mats I saw
were
vinyl packets with sand or somthing in them.

Toss them they represent a good amout of weight for their size!

 the rest is just paint. is there
sonthing under the paint?

Hehe . . . you could say that. I would plan on taking the tar like dampening
material in stages. First day get rid of all the stuff that comes in contact
with your feet while your driving (it's damn sticky).  I didn't think under
the seats was worth my time so I just cleared under the pedals. You might
want to get some industrial ruber matting or aluminum to cover the floor pan
(on the inside). When you pulled the carpets out you probably noticed it was
fairly uneven.

is the sound deadening material the horse hair
stuff?

Nope, it will look like black tar or will be painted over. Look between the
rails the seats mount on . . .that whole area has dampening material on it.

 also, what are you guys using for guages? stock?

You could probably stick with stock stuff mostly. I dont know that much about
rallying exept that my freiends race Audis and I see what they do to there
cars. Get an oil pres. guage., I got a water temp guage and it's much better
than the stock unit. You might want to pop for a shift light and posibly a
vacume guage (I think aur cars are prone to have leaks that would go
undetected otherwise).

 and what should I do
with my heater?>>

I ditched mine. As far as i can tell the only usefull thing about it was the
defroster. I supose it would depend on the conditions you intend to drive in.
If you do take it out you can just loop the hoses for it into echother in the
engine bay.

HTH
Nate