roc'n the bay '99

Hey, the end of the month approaches quickly.. we need to get on the stick
and coordinate this thing.  A few things to consider, and some suggestions
as a starting point:

1. When are we leaving, and returning?  Route??  (SoCal boys I'm referring to)

Suggestion: leave Friday evening, return Sunday morning.  Same route as
ND trip - Hwy 1 up, and we could come back the same way, or for speed, take
I-5.  Stay someplace similar to before on Friday night, maybe next to that
Saturn V rocket blasting off at 2am again... that mofo scared the SHIT out
of me!

2. Mid-state guys, where/when are we meeting on trip up?

Depends on who we need to meet and where.. Kris, you gonna make it?

3. Anybody bringing the wimin??  My GF wants to come - IF there are other
   wives/GFs along.  If it's just us gearheads, she's staying home!

Bring 'em!  I think they'd have a good time, especially if there are
a lot of them.  They can talk about shopping, men who are afraid of
commitments, fake tits and other chick stuff if they get sick of our
car drivel...  <g>

4. Anybody without a Motorola talk-a-bout (or similar) walkie talkie
   should score one before the trip.  Those of us who made the ND trek all
   had 'em, and they were invaluable.

5. When/where do we rendezvous by The Bay?

Meet Saturday, noonish, at someplace central to the NorCal guys.

6. Routes for flogs by The Bay?

I for one will lobby STRONGLY for a blitzkrieg over Route 84, from Redwood
City to San Gregorio.  One of THE best drives anywhere in the country!  If
you've been over that route, you know what I'm talking about.  It has
everything, including breathtaking scenery. Perhaps also a drive over the
Golden Gate on 101?  GREAT photo op above the Golden Gate!  'rocs lined up
with bridge sticking up out of fog looming in background... schweet!

7. "Official" hotel/motel for Saturday night?  Rooms up there fill up VERY
   quickly, we should all be making a res already...

Even Motel 6 outrageously expensive in SF area, and you still get a room
next to some marine beating the shit out of a hooker at 3am...   :0
Anyplace is fine with me.. and for chrissakes, somebody please bring
a big bong!  8^}

8. Dinner site for Saturday night?  It's my birthday, I'm bustin' loose!!

Some decent yet affordable place in The City.. crabs at Fisherman's Wharf
anybody??  I-Talian food in North Beach?  So many good options!

9. Who's going from SoCal??  Who's gonna meet us from The Bay?  Anybody
   coming in from up north our out east???

Be there or be square!!!  Speak up now and be counted.

This should really be a fun trip & gathering, let's get organized and make
it that much better!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0