Re: Those pesky VW motors

EurotekVW@aol.com wrote:

> Well, for those who don't know. My motor finally got tired of me and started
> making noise at the crank bearings. Well, since I get another motor this
> weekend, I thought I'd try to have some fun. I started her up, held the pedal
> to the floor! The tach went off the scale! It was doing 8k plus! It didn't
> die! 30 secs I held it. It just lost power and got a little noisier. What a
> motor! It's critically injured, and I can't kill her! I love VW's!!!!!
>
> cheers,
>
> Frank

You know, if you put burnt offerings on top of the valve cover it will
keep running at 8k for years and years.

But don't go that way, the path's cost is too dear...

TBerk
beware the dark side, luke.

PS- Seriously, anyone check the Performance FAQ on Jan's web site
lately? It was written in a few parts by an ex-Drake employee who seems
to know his stuff. Would be great to get the info warmed over and
updated.