Those pesky VW motors

Well, for those who don't know. My motor finally got tired of me and started
making noise at the crank bearings. Well, since I get another motor this
weekend, I thought I'd try to have some fun. I started her up, held the pedal
to the floor! The tach went off the scale! It was doing 8k plus! It didn't
die! 30 secs I held it. It just lost power and got a little noisier. What a
motor! It's critically injured, and I can't kill her! I love VW's!!!!!

cheers,

Frank