Re: engine trouble

noodle noggin wrote:

> I already posted this but did not receive many replies. I have a weird
> problem that I can't figure out. My car surges at constant speeds and
> idles realy bad, I also do not have as much power as I did before. This
> all just happened all of a sudden, I was at a stop sign and everything
> was running fine, then the idle dropped and I had no power. The car is
> so sluggish until about 3000 rpms then it picks up a little but still
> surges. It feels like I am running out of gas. I have checked all the
> obviouis stuff filled up with quality gas, used a water remover in the
> fuel. Any one have any Ideas?
> thanks, dave gray

Something like this happened to me and after working over the coil, ecu.
& fuel systems it turned out to be the Hall sensor in the Distributer.

The wires inside had become brittle and refused to pass enough signal to
run the car below 3 or 4k was maddening. The thing was, it _would_ test
out OK on a continuity test but in real life was failing.

Check that puppy, if the fuel is flowing and the spark is sound then an
air leak somewere is the other obvious problem.

hth,
TBerk