Re: Scirocco Spottings

At 07:02 PM 1/7/99 -0800, Jason wrote:
>I live in Everett, WA. About 20 minutes north of Seattle.
<snip>
> It's a strange
>area. I've come across something odd. Just in the last few weeks I've
>been seeing two or three scirocco's per day or more. Usually Mk II's.
>There never in that good of shape. These are great cars. Why in the hell
>does everyone either buy a new honda or toyota. Or just beat up and not
>maintain there rocco's? It kinda pisses me off... Most of the ones I see
>have not been washed in what looks like a few years, or they sit for
>sale forever all beat up! Thanks for putting up with my rambling...

Maybe we could identify these cars and all round up a posse. That way we
could pay a little midnight visit and tweak the thing out-

detail the paint, clean the engine bay, swap the tranny bushings and slide
in some Redline tranny lube, etc, etc.

When they get up in the morning it would be like, "At 1st I couldnt find my
car, somebody switched it with this beautiful machine...But look! my key
fits!"

A www.scirocco.org card left under the wiper would be the only clue....

TBerk
Time to pull out the Errol Flynn Robin Hood movies again. heh heh.