Re: Recaro Seats

You know, I too have wondered about the infamous racaro seats.
Someone told me I must surely have them, and that they are
excellent seats.  Well I'm here to say that the seats I have are
all but shot, mechanically speaking, even though the material is
in great shape.  If they're stock, they're 20 years old, so I can
expect them to be worn out I suppose--still I am dismayed at the
metal that jabs the driver in the back, the worn recline mechanism
that makes the passenger recline whether he wants to or not, and
the  bits of insulation that sift out the bottoms of them.  Are
these the reknown Recaro seats?  I certainly won't want to replace
them with the same either way.

Jennifer

----------
| From: SCIROCCO87@aol.com
| To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
| Subject: Re: Recaro Seats
| Date: Thursday, January 07, 1999 7:01 PM
|
| In a message dated 1/7/99 9:37:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
| rabeys@cadvision.com writes:
|
| << Where does this info come from.  I've heard a few people say
this, but when
|  i took my stock 16v seats out in favour of the badged recaros
from a leter
|  model GLI, >>
|
| I always heard that VW bought the design of the chair from
Recaro.. so it is