Re: Recaro Seats

I'm pretty sure that parts of the seat frames are manufactured by Recaro
for VW:   I saw Recaro either stamped on the metalwork or on a label
when I took the covers off a seat, and this was an '82 euro 'GL' model
with standard (not even GTI spec.) velour covered seats.
They are probably redundant Recaro designs that are churned-out for OEM
use: not much point in VW et al. re-inventing the wheel when Recaro have
already done all the work.

Cheers,

Ewan.

majordomo@scirocco.org.