smog check

Hey all,
It seems that in like three months I am going to move the San Francisco Bay area from the east coast. I am taking both my rocco (of course) and my Truck. My question is has anyone brought a non-Califorina car into CA? Of course some one has but what will I have to deal with with the smog laws? The rocco has a relatively new 2.0 in it (put in like two years ago) and will this change what year it is considered for smog shit? These were never CA cars.
TIA

mark hausler
'81 scirocco S
'94 toyo 4x4