Re: Brake Basics

At 10:39 PM 1/3/99 -0800, David Ruby wrote:
>    Hello everyone,   On the way back from the Sacramento meet a few  days
>ago, my car made it known that it is in need of some attention to its brake
> system: new pads and shoes, and a good bleeding to get a firm pedal
>again.         What's the  concensus?   "  " rotors on the front, but not
>made of money like  some!).      Any  products to avoid like the plague?
>TIA for the imput. Dave '86 8v ""

Wow, check out the weird quoting my mailer is doing.

Anyway,

This sounds like the better than stock, not too way out setup-

Fedoro (sp) pads
ATE slotted rotors
Blue Dot brake fluid.

Metalic pads are listed in the Newgroup as "great", but only once they have
been warmed up and "Scarry" when called on for cold panic stops and they
fail to.

My own seeming stock brakes seem to 'pulse' when used at high speeds and
I'm think while they are passing the eyeball test they are in need of
replacemnet. Those three items are on my list of next upgrades.

$0.02,
TBerk