Re: Brake Basics

At 2:22 am -0800 4/1/99, T Berk wrote:
>Metalic pads are listed in the Newgroup as "great", but only once they have
>been warmed up and "Scarry" when called on for cold panic stops and they
>fail to.
>$0.02,
>TBerk

I know this is the consensus on the newsgroup but I say "don't believe the
hype!"  I have metalmasters at all four corners and they are NOT scary when
cold.  Sure, they don't work quite as well when they're stone cold but I
have never even come close to sliding into an intersection.  I've never
even thought to myself "uh-oh, I'm not stopping that well".  Metalmasters
may not be the best pads on the market but if they're all that's available
(this IS an issue for me - ordering Ferodos from VWP means paying duty as
well as dealing with the US-CDN conversion) then they're not that bad.
THis is all YMMV, IME etc! :)