The Dreaded Heater Core

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I figured I might ask any of the lucky members of this list whether they
may have had the intense pleasure of removing the heater core from a
Scirocco 16V (or similar car).  I can hear the screams now.  The reason I
ask is I just removed mine, which required just about all but sawing off the
front part of the car with a Sawzall.  Alright, maybe it wasn't that bad,
but, frankly, I'd rather have teeth pulled.
    My question is regarding the reinstallation of the core and the A/C
Evaporator which also resides in the HVAC box.  Are there any tricks to it?
Putting it all back together seems pretty straightfoward, but that's how
these things always look until you begin putting it back together.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom.

1986 Scirocco 16V - A Damn Slick (and particularly cold without heat) Car