Re: Universal window tint

At 10:37 AM 2/27/99 -0800, toby yurko wrote:

>The store bought stuff does work, and exactly the same(until there are
compound
>complex curves in the window.)BUT, the film will fade within 3 yrs-by
fading, I
>mean turn that purple colour that everyone calls limo purple tint.-still
you are
>right, the store stuff works. hell, I used it for about 5 yrs before I
found a
>bulk pro tint.
>

>toby yurko wrote:
>
>> The store bought stuff does work, and exactly the same(until there are
compound
>> complex curves in the window.)BUT, the film will fade within 3 yrs-by
fading, I
>> mean turn that purple colour that everyone calls limo purple tint.-still
you are
>> right, the store stuff works. hell, I used it for about 5 yrs before I
found a
>> bulk pro tint.

Well I wish I knew what brand I had used on my GTI.  I tinted it in '90
with some $12 a roll stuff and seven years later before I got rid of her it
was still the original smoke color.  So I guess there are some cheaper
tints out there, but probably hard to find a good one.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)