Re: Altenator on Fritz-?

Tell the Mech. to jump in the lake, or think up some thing better.

Given:

Car won't start from battery, prob. because it won't hold a charge.
But, the Alt puts out 13-14 volts.

Hmmm.

Dude,
clean and recondition them there grounding points and cables. Pour some
clean, distilled water into the battery, even if it's maintenance free,
but only if it's low. You'll have to check.

It sounds like enough electricity is not getting through the system, if
the battery is weak it may not be getting enough charge during normal
operation. How much voltage is measured while the car is running, while
the lights and everything are off?  13.5 volts or more?

Bottom line, if the Alt is putting out 14 volts you shouldn't just
replace it, the problem lies elsewhere.

TBerk