Re: Lightened flywheels? And NOS

HREF="http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/">http://members.aol.com/sailingfc
></A>
Actually I've heard that NOS systems are tough on cylinders 3-4 and can
cause the pistons to melt. This is because most NOS systems I have heard
of, and I havn't heard of them all, cause a lean fuel mixture to occur
in those cylinders. Also these systems blow combustable mixtures into
the intake manifold with some pretty spectacular results. Damage was not
measured in any scientific way, but the damage was clearly visable. You
also have to consider that my knowledge of this is at least seven years
old, which is when I was considering trying somthing like this myself on
an '84 Scirocco. It may be that current systems have solved this problem
with cylinders 3 and 4, which is why I wondered how it was all working
for you. I got this from reading about it and talking to some guy who
liked NOS, but had had some bad experiences.

JSJackson