Re: Lightened flywheels? And NOS

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:56:52 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net>
writes:
>after running my nos intermiddetly for a span of a year on my 16v,
>single injector in the intake boot before t-body i notice even
>cleanliness of the pistons. there were small scorch marks by each
>intake valve clearence  depression on the piston, nothitng bad just a
>super clean spot there, no carbon, whitish piston surface, less than
>a 1/2 dime in size.

NOS is high in octane! Better than any Techtroline stuff.... sniff! :)

>if anything the 4th and 3rd piston would see the most wear since
>inline more NOS is bound to go down the first two, unless some fluid
>dynamics studend can say that because of velocity, flow etc etc would
>cause 1 and 2 to get the most..i'm just going on first one in line
>wins!
>
>Ryan

Like I was saying before, as long as the engine is in good working order,
the NOS will be getting to all 4 cylinder relatively evenly. Each
cylinder has an intake pulse which draws in the air and NOS mixture to be
added to the fuel. NOS as particles will flow into the low pressure area
and not the first cylinder it finds. Don't work that way.
Having said that, if the NOS nozzle is not atomizing correctly, it can
definitely cause problem like poor performance, flooded cylinders and
even melted pistons under the right conditions, ect. I recall this was a
problem on the early NOS systems but have since corrected and improved
upon their NOS systems.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and