Re: Scirocco-- A little help from my friends!!!

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:42:36 EST PreCORRADO@aol.com writes:
>l have the opertunity to buy an 83' scirocco to accompany my 88'.  The
only
>problems with the 83' are; 1.Automatic(yuck) 2. both front control arms
are
>bent(ie:tires rub fender and to me suggests hit a curb or something to
buckle
>them, no front end damage).     Other that that it only has 110K miles
and
>minimal rust... $450 sounds iffy to me ........       Tell me your
thoughts felloe
>Scirocconians....
>
>Marco 88 16V

Depends on what you want to do with it Marco.
To replace the lower control arms, its pretty easy and finding a pair of
straight arms from the junkyard should be easy and very affordable.
Swapping the tranny to a manual isnt impossible, alot of work but doable
in a weekend.
Whats your plans for it?
Id say $450 for a running car is great! Does it have the JH or the EN
motor in it?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and