[mk2] Bouncy tach

	In the last few days I've noticed that my tachometer has started to
act very strangely: the needle bounces all over the place. Sitting at a
stoplight, it will go from 1000 to 0 a few times and will return to normal.
This also happens while I'm driving, sometimes it'll go up or down be as
little as a few hundred revs and sometimes as much as 2000. Is this common
in aging VDO clusters? The engine is definitely not sustaining these
changes in RPM, and I'm not running my AC. Any ideas? I think my entire
cluster has taken a crap: one of the lights has gone out, the odometer only
works in cold weather and gets stuck often, and now my tach is going
crazy....

TIA,

___Wojciech Galecki___
'84 8v Scirocco