Re: Nitrous injection.

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:50:05 -0600 "Noah at ND" <noah@newdimensions.com>
writes:

>Well.. from what i've heard(I've never used nitrous), if you use a
>fogger nozzle before or after the throttle body, the manifold vacuum
>is too great and will suck the nitrous into the number 3 and 4
>cylinders more than 1 and 2.

This sounds silly to me. The ONLY reason you would have a greater vacuum
to 2 cylinders is if you have two dead cylinders. (IE low compression.)
Sounds like one of those Virus messages to me...

>  This after time tends to melt cyl.s 3
>and 4 very quickly.  The only nitrous setup you should use(I think)
>is a direct injection setup with four seperate nozzles to each
>combustion chamber to distribute the gas evenly and don't
>overwork individual cylinders.
>
>    - Noah
>79 Scirocco

IF, (and I emphasize IF, hence the caps.) you could somehow direct a
single NOS fogger  (No matter if its before or after the TB.) to only 2
cylinders, the car would run extremely badly.
Ever broke a pedal on your bicycle? Once you get it going, you can manage
to somewhat pedal even tho you only have one, right.? 2 cylinders on NOS
would have the same effect essentially. it would lobe under full throttle
severely.
NOS does nothing to MELT a cylinder. If used improperly, you can damage a
motor (IE timming, activation without a load, backfires ect.) but a
single fogger system will only be worth 20-50hp at best anyways.
don't believe the hype, seek professional advice. :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and