Nitrous injection.

From:           	owner-scirocco-L-digest@scirocco.org (scirocco-L-digest)
To:             	scirocco-l-digest@scirocco.org
Subject:        	scirocco-L-digest V1 #948
Send reply to:  	scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Date sent:      	Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:00:01 -0600

> << How does that NOS work for you? I've heard it can really wear out the
>  middle cylinders quick. >>
>
> So far so good.  I haven't taken any compression tests on the engine, so I
> don't really know, but everything still feels good.  It's really a blast
> when your on the "juice".
>
> Where did you hear about the "middle cylinders"?  How was the wear
> measured?

     Well.. from what i've heard(I've never used nitrous), if you use a
fogger nozzle before or after the throttle body, the manifold vacuum
is too great and will suck the nitrous into the number 3 and 4
cylinders more than 1 and 2.  This after time tends to melt cyl.s 3
and 4 very quickly.  The only nitrous setup you should use(I think)
is a direct injection setup with four seperate nozzles to each
combustion chamber to distribute the gas evenly and don't
overwork individual cylinders.

    - Noah
79 Scirocco

      -ps- I didn't see the weekend posts until today, = ( I remember
once I was walking away from my car, while looking back, I walked
head-first in to a telephone pole)

noah@newdimensions.com
http://www.newdimensions.com