My '84 got killed...

Well gang, I know I do not participate in this group much, some of you may
remember me as VWcrazyTim@aol.com.  I have an '84 Wolsburg Edition Scirocco.
Well, I loaned to a friend because his car was in the shop, and I also have a
'90 Corrado G60, so I had another car to drive.  Well, he totalled my Scirocco
very early Saturday morning.   He and a friend went out drinking and decided
to drive my Scirocco when they went. (even though my friend has gotten his car
back from the shop Friday afternoon)  My car had lots of high performance
goodies on it motor and suspension wise, and since he was drunk decided it was
a good time to test some of these parts.  Well, let's just say that it had
been raining an hour before this, so roads were wet.  He took a 15mph curve at
50 (which, in this particular car COULD be done in dry conditions) but since
it was wet, the back end came loose and sent the car into a one-foot tall
curb.  Ripped the right front suspension off the car, demollished the right
front fender, bent the right rear of the axle beam under the car and actually
creased the body right above the right rear wheel well because of the way it
bent the frame.  I am highly upset about this...although I am not pissed, it
takes a LOT to piss me off.  My friend has since purchased the car from me,
and I have forgiven him.  But, needless to say, I will never loan another car
to anybody again, except my girlfriend.

Sorry about all of this waisted bandwith, I just needed to vent.

Tim Smiley

'90 Corrado G60 (bone stock)
'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco (RIP)