From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Matt Willey
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 1999 6:07 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Oxygen sensor and wiring

    Hmm, I think I am probably wrong, but I believe the only power the
sensor has is generated by a chemical reaction within it.  I know on some
cars there is a reference signal sent through it until it warms up, but ours
does not.  This somewhat knowledge is only for 8V, as the 16V's have a
heated sensor which would have power to the heating element.  Hey, a quick
answer, but not necessarily a correct one.

Matt