Re: Corrado Brakes -- Summary so far

16V JASON wrote:

>         Shhhhheeeeeeya... and the REASON I'm poor is cause I dump ALL of my money
> into maintaining this beast! :)

I can relate to that problem, it's worth it though...

> No, my goal wasn't to talk anyone out of *anything*.  If you read my
> subject, I was asking a QUESTION-- and my question was, Will these things
> make an appreciable difference in overall stopping distance.  The answer,
> so far, in my mind, is "probably not".  Why? Because noone has been able to
> give me proof that the tires are not the limiting factor in braking
> ability.  I understand that increased fade resistance and improved pedal
> feel are both benefits of the conversion, but that's not my question...
> and, like I've been doing, I *still* don't see the need for increased fade
> reduction (with my stock 16v and the way *I* drive, anyways).

Who cares about stopping distance or fade resistance??? I thought the goal was to be able to
say you have the CLEANEST, BEST LOOKING, FASTEST STOPPING, MOST FADE RESISTANT BRAKES IN ALL
OF SAN DIEGO!! :-) LOL!! <grin>

>        And in response to any criticism this thread may get.. like "we're sick of reading
> about this...", now you've hit a sore spot.  I take pride in thefact that my posts often
> start a meaningful, intelligent discussion--however many indecent, rude,
> sexually-suggestive and/or insulting commentsare thrown in for comic relief.  This is a
> discussion forum, and we'rediscussing something relevant to our cars...  If you don't like
> the thread, don't read it. :)

Uh oh.. Looks like I created a monster... Oh well at least an informative and somewhat
amusing one...

Jason.
87 Scirocco 16v 2.0 Motronic.