Re: FI conversion-need some power

MarkThomas wrote:

> I find it hard to hit 100mph in my car.
> I realise it is only a 1.6 and has a carburettor but this surely is not
> good.
>
> What would be involved in converting to fuel injection?
> Can the current engine be modified to do so?
> Has anyone done this before.
> The engine code is EW if that is of any use.
> Also, what about costs.
>
> Cheers lads
>
> Mark Thomas '87 Scirocco GT

Q. Doesn't your car have the 'birdbath' or single downpipe exhaust? For
reference, early types (say '81) had a manifold that collected the 4
ports to a dual down pipe.

Later cars collected the 4 into a single, cup type fitting. Chokes
performance. You _may_ wnat to look into a better exhaust setup before
undertaking the (imho) major undertaking of swithching over to FI.

Recently I think our friend Sal did the switch, maybe he'll contact ya
to relate what it took.

TBerk
Scotty!, we     need more       power!