Re: Corrado Brakes -- Physics Question: Are they pointless?

At 6:02 pm -0500 5/2/99, Shawn C Meze wrote:
>Has Riley enabled his 10.1's to fade or partial fade? Ever shot a temp
>gun on the rotors after a hard run? Ive had 460 degrees on my rotors

The last time I had my car on the track, it had brand new metalmasters,
drilled rotors, stainless lines, and Pentosin fluid.  I gotta say I did not
experience a lot of fade, but then again the layout of the track was such
that there was really only one heavy braking zone.

Now, however, I have a faster car with the same braking system but for
stock lines and unknown (but un-boiled) brake fluid.  I can get them to
fade all the time... I'm not sure if the pads are the old Repco MMs or if
they're the newer PBR MMs (is there even a difference?) since the previous
owner installed them.

>JASON.) than yours (Jason im referring to. I don't know how much Riley's
>car weighs.) is but as ive said, I drive my car much harder on a

Scirocco 16v, no A/C but I had a ~70lb speaker box in the trunk.  I don't
weigh a whole lot, either :)

>Try a 110 mph blast off the freeway off ramp to a stop. (don't do this
>with other people around. That's uncool.)This will truly show you if you
>have brake fade issues.

This is exactly why I want 11" brakes.  I drive pretty fast on the
highways, and I can think of one instance off the top of my head where I
thought I was going to rear-end a van with a closing speed of about 100kph.
That was f*cking scary, and what didn't help was the fact that I could feel
the brakes going away on me as the van loomed ever-larger in my windshield.
I *barely* slowed down in time.

>So.... is this really about Jason not being able to get the 11' brakes
>and Riley can? what's the real story here?

You betcha!!

>Will Riley get the 11's and sadden Jason?

Hell yeah...

>Will Jason talk Riley out of the upgrade?

With his arguments?  Fat f*cking chance of that!

>Is it me or does everybody here detect some kind of sexual tension
>between these two??

You know, I have been catching some weird vibes from that guy lately...

j/k Jason!!!