BOUNCE scirocco-l@scirocco.org: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

>From rts@xmail.nol.net Tue Feb 02 05:12:48 1999
From: "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:42:53 +0000
Subject: HELP fuel sprayaing all the time

damn it, its 5am and the rocco wont start,well it did start but
abruptly died, just tuens over, to recap the nights events, i
installed  a fuel dist out of an 86 8v scirocco.  it had all the same
hookups as my 81 8v. however i did not use the 86 warmup
regulatorgizmo thing that attaches to the block. everything looks
nice. the dist came out of a perfectly good running car but has been
moved from shelf to shelf over the last 2 years.

i pull the plugs to check for spark. i disconnect the S hose above
the t-body and pushed it aside. when i went looking at the sparks
i saw them, but then i saw gasoline shooting out of my combustion
chambers.

what the heck did i do wrong? there's only 1 electrical connector, so
i need a different sensor at the end? so i need to install that 96
warmup or whatever thing to the block that has the 2 fuel lines
running to it?

I thought this was going to be a plug and play deal, is this swap not
possible? i checked the air flow plate and it's sittign fine, i can
depress it about the same ammout as the stock one and the one off my
16v.

i think im flooding my engine and thats why it wont run. it doesnt
even catch, just cranks. but i really have no clue as to how im
getting gas injected in my combustion chambers..cold start need
swapping ..ugggggg if i cant get this ricj i'll have to go back to
that teeny weeny little air flow plate.

Ryan