[mk1] am i doing ths mod correctly??

i swapped fuel distributors and airbox from my 1986 scirocco 8v
into my 1981 scirocco S. the plate size different was TREMENDOUS!
and all the fule lines had exact matching ports. the airbox inlet was
also bigger by prob 2cm in diameter. I'm also adding the audi-5000
t-body and am currently 90% done port matching the manifold (hehe its
1am and i'm so loaded on pain killers and muscle relaxers and new
car adrenaline i cant sleep)

I will eventually swap intake manifolds with one that i have with the
runners ported and polished (inside) but i still have 1 runner left
to do and am impatient to get the car a few more ponies.

I noticed the rocco has a 2-1 downpipe, am i seeing correctly?

will i need to let the fuel pump run a bit to fill the distributor?
the orig fuel filter was about 1/2 the size of the one that was
existing on the 86 fuel dist. i kept the small one since well i dunno
it was cleaner and looked newer, does it matter?

i think i asked this before, but is a newer fuel dist top ruber hose
better than the old style with the dimple in the middle? like the 16v
version is bubble shaped while all 8vs ive seen have a depression on
the top I think also audi's are bubble shaped.

I don;t have the time or money right now this instant to r&r that
2.0L i have and drop it in so i want to make this car a little more
peppy while still keeping the stock look untill then.

hrm a potterman euro dist is sounding good right about...now...

oh yah one more thing oxygen sensor, my idle on startup hunts, and i
looked and its a 1-wire o-sensor, now i just bought a new one for my
16v that i no longer need, but its a 3 wire one, can i use it and
just use one of the wires (1 black 2 white i think)

ok so now the pending question, with the upgraded fuel dist and
better airflow, am i missing any part? like say for some reason i
need to change fuelpump relay, or maybe well hell i dont know
but that's why i'm here asking!

Ryan "now if only i had as many wives as vws..nirvana" schuermann