Re: TECH: windshield

Run round the outer & inner lip of the rubber seal with a blunt
screwdriver, to loosen off the seal,  then push the window out from the
inside with your feet. There's no guarantee that the old window won't
break but I presume you're not worrried about that. Lot less mess than
knocking it out with a hammer!
To put the new glass in you need some thin strong cord and preferably
someone to help you. From what I can remember, the procedure goes
something like this:
Put the seal on the new glass and wrap the cord round in the channel on
the ouside of the seal.  Put the glass up to the bodyshell with the ends
of the cord hanging inside the car and, with your helper pushing the
glass from the outside, slowly pull the cord round the glass.  This
should pop the inside lip of the seal over the metalwork as you go
round.  The helper needs to follow you round the glass, pushing the seal
to bed it in and help push it over the lip.

HTH

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8