Re: water pump question--answer

I called the dealership and gave them the part number (049-121-099) and the guy told me it was a blow out plug.  He had never seen one but he gave me an explanation (a little sketchy, but it is what I got) of what it does.  It is there so that when the pump freezes up, water will blow out that plug and drain out of the pump so that your other parts don't get messed up when the pump stops working.  I guess the plug is there so that crap doesn't somehow get up into the pump and foul things up.  It only costs
$1.50 so I am going to order it.  It threads right into the opening.

Victor