Re: Parts Upgrades...

<x-charset iso-8859-1><< Yessssss, 8v's kick ass, they are not as wheeny as some of you guys
think,
 when I eventually get min >>

>>Well not to start a 16v 8v war but as a 16v driver I love it and think it
is
great I do remember reading in one of the car mags that it out performed and
accelerated a 944.  Whether it can do it to day, keep in mind that the cars
are 13 years old now, so I don't know but one thing I can tell you.  i would
love to have some power under 3500 rpms or I guess it is the torque that the
8valves have but I would not trade it for the melon balls that the 16v has
after that rpm:)

a 16v driver and a 8v driver as well as experience in the porsche department
i love my 16v and i love my 8v there are much differences in the two though
stock for stock yes the 16v will outperform motor wise.
if building a race car :) the obvious choice is the 8v.. why obvious? try
taking a 16v up to 11k
rpms? cams are tripping over each other trying to keep up.. (experience in
that department as well)
so build a 8v that can withstand the pressures of the high rpms and you will
have yourself a Roccet to
mind you yes it will cost you some cash but very rewarding. catch me if you
can...
both my 16v and my 8v are mod just my 8v is extreme mod.

back to the 944 yes the 16v will out perform in acceleration the motor is a
boat anchor in the stock form
performance in handling id say the 944 has a slight edge stock but if you
mod both the 16v and 944 with same set up
you will find they perform on diffferent planes.. cornering is done much
differently 944 you can 4 wheel drift
right were you want to go and enter the corner a bit faster ..  the 16v fwd
will not be able to pull out as quickly but will accelerate right with the
944 on the straight
its a matter of who is the better driver on exit of the apex.
just my opinion and experience.

valves
they have) let me drive his roc the other day.  Being an 8v driver I noticed
that the car just wouldn't go when I gave it gas at RPMs I am used to.  So I
took it up, and it went (damn thos e things are fast huh?).  My question is
this:  is a 16v bottom end (rods, bearings, oil) any different that an 8v?
am wondering about the redline.  On an 8v it is much lower (like where your
16v peaks) but could an 8v handle any higher?  Not that it can go, or should
go, any higher without some mods.

answer is above<<<<